The Domaine des Clos is set in the very heart of the 'golden triangle', formed by the towns of Avignon, Arles and Nîmes.
• Beaucaire (6 km): listed as a 'Town of Arts and History', it features superb town houses and a river marina. A visit to the Gallo-Roman farmhouse of Les Tourelles is an absolute must, with notably the reconstitution of a wine cellar as they existed in Roman times (www.tourelles.com), and the troglodytic abbey of Saint-Roman (www.abbaye-saint-roman.com)
• Tarascon (12 km) and its Royal fortress, Saint-Gilles, and the façade of its church abbey, featured on the UNESCO World Heritage list.
• Arles (19 km) and Nîmes (25 km) the two Roman cities, which feature arenas, an antique theatre, the Maison Carrée.
• Avignon (30 km), the sumptuous medieval walled city, with its entrancing Popes' Palace.
• The Pont du Gard (30km), Uzès and the Uzège valley.
• Saint-Rémy de Provence, home of Nostradamus, this is the village where Vincent Van Gogh found such inspiration.
• Les Baux de Provence (25 km), listed as one of France's most beautiful villages, with its medieval streets and fortress.
• The Alpilles and its many attractive Provençal villages: le Paradou and its santonniers, Graveson and its lavender museum.
• Eygalières (38 km) and its beautiful Alchemist's Garden.
• Fontvieille (19 km), where you can visit the mill where the renowned author Alphonse Daudet wrote his celebrated collection of novels.
• The Camargue Regional Park with Saintes-Maries de la Mer and Aigues-Mortes (50 km)