A wide array of family-friendly activities are available
• "Le Vieux Mas" in the Beaucaire plain: a sprawling eighteenth-century building and gardens with live animals, ancient trades, numerous animations and shows… (www.vieux-mas.com).
• The historic "Ugernum" park in Beaucaire: recreates a medieval campsite, featuring gladiatorial combats, interactive workshops for children… (www.parc-beaucaire.fr).
• The "Haribo" Sweet museum in Uzès.
• The Seaquarium in Grau du Roi: come and discover the fascinating world of the sea.
• Les Salins du Midi in Aigues-Mortes: in the heart of wild, unspoiled nature, you will discover the oldest salt works in the Mediterranean, with exceptional fauna and flora. A local guide will accompany you around the evaporation basins to the Salt museum.
|• La Grotte des Demoiselles: (approximately 90 minutes from the Domaine des Clos); visits of this cave last approximately one hour. The breathtaking dimensions of this huge grotto, which spans up to 120 metres, end to end, and up to 52 metres high, as well as the stupendous beauty of the myriad shapes and shades created by the stalagmites, stalactites and metallic and carbonate oxides have earned it the nickname of 'the Underground Cathedral'. It is located in Saint-Bauzille de Putois, close to Ganges, north of Montpellier (www.demoiselles.fr).
• The Zoo of La Barben (between Pélisanne and Saint-Cannat), where 120 animal species are housed over an area totalling more than 33 hectares.
• Visits of the national Haras of Uzès. During the summer months, a number of evening shows celebrating the horse are organised here, the national stud farm of Uzès, with the participation, notably, of Lucien Gruss, the renowned equestrian artist in residence at the Haras with his team and horses.
• Visits of manades in the Camargue, such as those of the Manade Laurent - les Marquises, the Domaine de Pin Fourcat, the Domaine Paul Ricard, the Manade des Chanoines…
• The small steam train of the Cévennes, which leaves from Saint-Jean du Gard and arrives at the Bambouseraie d’Anduze or the steam train of the Alpilles, linking the old Arles station and Fontvieille.
• The Mill of Alphonse Daudet in Fontvieille and the Maison de Tartarin in Tarascon.
• La Petite Provence du Paradou, a faithful miniature replica of a Provençal village with santons.